The back waistband has elastic that forms gathers in the back. For the contrasting bottom band, I used a wine coloured "bottom-weight" fabric which was also on sale! I thought the colour coordinated perfectly, and it was good quality fabric. One of the sales associates was very helpful, she suggested that particular colour and the ric-rac trim. Fabricville is definitely my favourite store!:)
This skirt was such an easy project and I think it looks rather good if I do say so myself!:) It was nice & low stress! I'll keep this project in mind for future skirts for my nieces. They love frilly, girly things!;)
With some of the leftover scraps I made a matching dress for Barbie! I thought it would be a cute addition to the gift.
I used the basic bodice pattern from janelwashere.com with a gathered rectangle of fabric (about 12" wide and 6" long). I added a bottom band to her skirt as well. Velcro is used for the back closure.
I'm sure enjoying sewing for Barbie these days. Stay tuned for more;)
Well, here's the skirt once more. I seem to always be making things last minute, especially around Christmastime! This skirt however, was made over two weeks in advance! Wow, that never happens!
Happy sewing all!:)