Can I just say how much I adore this lining!?:) I love the gorgeous floral print! I actually interlined the lining, since it's a somewhat delicate silk/cotton blend fabric and I wanted to make sure it was strong. For the sleeves, I used a silver polyester or bemberg (not sure, it was from my stash and I just know that it's slippery!).
I used a white/silver metal zippers and added front pocket exposed zippers as well. I found a video showing how to shorten a metal zipper, since I had to shorten all four! Pretty easy actually, you just need a pair of pliers and new top stops (don't frustrate yourself trying to reuse the old top stop!) Video here. I did have some photos on my good camera but they got lost:(
I shortened the zipper pockets a bit too much I think!:( They're manageable, my hand fits, but it's a little snug. Note: don't get carried away shortening zippers next time!;) At least I have a spot for keys now!
I wanted this jacket to be more fitted than the last version so I used a size 4 up top and 0 for hips. Size 6 up top probably would've been better, but this is alright!
I made the hood 3 piece like last time, and cut the smallest size hood as well. I like the extra shaping it provides. Next time I make this jacket I'll interface the zipper window area on the collar.
I shortened the collar by 1" since its rather high as-is.
|I **looove* this lining!!!:) My iPad photos don't do it justice!:)|
I really like my new jacket:) I look forward to wearing it next Spring! Til next time!:)