Thursday 21 June 2018

#sewtogetherforsummer2018, Burda 6730



Thus says the LORD, “Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things,” declares the LORD.

Jeremiah 9:23-24







    Hello sewing friends:) My latest make is a Burda wrap dress from the UFO (unfinished objects) pile. I sheepishly admit its been there for the better part of two years (I think, lol). When I first ventured into garment sewing as an adult, everything ended up being a UFO or a fail. I've come a long way since then and usually start & finish one project at a time. There's a challenge on Instagram now (today is the last day to post) to make any wrap dress and share with the hashtag: #sewtogetherforsummer. I decided to join about a week ago, after getting the Ok to use this dress.


I made full-length ties instead of using self-fabric instead of ribbon.


   This was a fairly simple project but the fabric was impossible to topstitch with a double needle , it kept skipping stitches. Its a little short but wearable. I had to adjust the wrap front since it gaped (I managed to stretch out the neckline a bit too, oops!) I wish it crossed over a bit more in the skirt but it will be better after I lose the rest of the baby weight (my son will be three weeks old tomorrow:) I have so many projects on the brain, lol. I'm currently making a few things for my sister who is pregnant though (yay!). Her Baby Shower is next month so I'll post the stuff I make after that.
 



Closeup of the fabric print. A polyester knit from Fabricville:)



    Well thats all for today folks!:) Any UFO's on hand? Do you ever have UFO's or are you pretty diligent to finish projects? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading and til next time, happy sewing!:)

1 comment: