Thursday 5 November 2015

Pretty in Pink:)







     "Even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You. For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well."

Psalm 139:12-14




   Hello all!:) I've been having issues lately with my camera/card/card reader (something's not working!). Ugh, anyway, my sister came over yesterday and took some photos with my iPad (whatever works right?). Since I've blogged last, my husband and I have announced baby #2 to all of our family and friends!:) I'm about four months along now and baby is sure starting to show!:) I have a few projects in mind (I must be a stylish momma!;)




      This sweater dress is a modified version of McCalls 7061. I wanted a less casual look & I didn't have to change much. I left off the front pocket, sleeve cuffs and hem band, and also the buttonholes off the cowl neck. I took the dress in on the sides to make it more figure-hugging, but I wish I would have given myself a bit more room. The fabric is not very stretchy, so I likely won't be able to wear it for more than a couple months more:p Oh well, I'll just have to make another one!;) Ha! Plus I'll be able to wear it next Fall when I'm not with child;)



These little gourds are so cute! I prefer calling them "baby pumpkins":)


 

    The dress on the left is view "D" which is what I used. I extended the sleeve length a bit, a couple inches (I think). I didn't have to add any length to the dress though, it was long enough since I wanted to pair it with leggings anyway.

   I would like to make view "B" on the right, but with a straight hem.

   I cut a size Small, which was good for me.  I sewed the sleeves in flat so I could adjust the side seams as necessary. As I stated above, I took in the side seams but I had to use a smaller seam allowance for the sleeves as I found them a bit snug. Glad I basted the side seams first!:)




   The fabric is a pink mix sweater knit from Fabricville. It looks like fleece on the inside and sweater knit on the outside. It has a slight width-wise stretch and is pretty firm and stable. They had many more colours but I decided on the pink;)

I made it with the intent of participating in the "Sweater Knit" contest on PatternReveiw.com, but my boy got sick, I got sick, Dan got sick, etc! Wasn't in the mood for photos/blogging:p















   I recently finished my second Minoru jacket, so that will be the subject of my next post.
Stay tuned!:)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on baby No. 2. Your sweater dress looks lovely and cosy and very comfortable. Glad to see your are still sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool pattern! Congratulations on number two!! Maybe a little Sebastian to go with your Flounder? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Beth!:) it will be fun to dress up next year!

      Delete