Monday 15 May 2017

Mother's Day Dress!:) McCalls 7465


"As one whom his mother comforts, so will I comfort you; and you shall be comforted in Jerusalem."

Isaiah 66:13







      Happy Monday! And a (late) Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!:) Great Mother's Day message at service yesterday (on Hannah) & spent the afternoon hanging out with my boys & out to dinner in the evening with my husband while my own wonderful mom babysat!:) My oldest son likes to see me in dresses now and will say smile & say, "Mommy pretty" whenever I wear one!:) So sweet!


         I wasn't planning to have a special Mother's Day dress until the weekend! I cut it out Friday afternoon and sewed it up Saturday night after putting the boys to bed. I was on a mission, lol. I sewed like a madwoman trying to get it done! Because I was determined to wear it next day, I decided to sew it pretty much as directed and take note of any changes for the next one! I know! I know! Its not a good idea to sew in a hurry (bad Rikki!) but I took my chances, lol! I've had this pattern for a few months now and decided I needed to make it *now* after seeing Margo's two gorgeous versions!








 


        This fabric is a bright floral, textured knit. I think it was like, $4.99/m at Fabricville!





 Although I do quite like my dress, but I'm not so sure about the "blousy" look on me! May be because the fabric doesn't have a lot of drape. Definitely needs a belt. I'll probably shorten and narrow the waist next time. I think I may apply the elastic a little differently too.
   


               My next project *will* be my Hawaiian sarong dress! I really would like to get it done this week! I'm also am planning a couple of receiving blankets for my friend who is having a baby girl!:)
Til next time! Have a great day everyone!:)

3 comments:

  1. I think your sewing efforts paid off! You look great, and the fabric colors are so pretty! LOL about your son liking to see you in dresses--my daughter is the same way, but she is into fashion and styling (she's 7).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! Lol, a little 7 year old fashion plate:)! I was so *not* interested in clothes when I was a kid! How things have changed! I wonder sometimes what it would be like to have a little girl! My mom says girls are much more fun to dress up & sew for, lol!:)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete