Monday 14 May 2018

Tropical #handmadesummerdress 2018/ Vogue Maternity Dress:)


"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

Isaiah 66:13








  Hello sewing friends!:) I hope all you mothers out there had a wonderful day with your families:) We had a great service at church, then swung by the drive thru @ McDonald's (my youngest son conked out in his carseat so we thought it would be best to just grab something quick and eat home instead of going out to a restaurant). We all had a nice afternoon nap and later for an evening walk. Great that the weather is starting to feel more "Spring-like":)




     I finished this Ogden Cami dress for the #handmadesummerdress challenge a little while ago now, but just got some decent photos this morning. I was inspired by a hack on Instagram where the Odgen Cami was made into a dress by simply lengthening the cami by12"-14". I lengthened mine by 13". Its difficult to see the clear ruler, but I put it under the side seam at an angle to flare ever so slightly. I may have to adjust once I can actually try it on post-pregnancy, but I wanted to make sure I had sufficient walking room. I wanted to make a self-fabric belt (like my inspiration photo), but I didn't have enough fabric, so I just tied on a belt I have now (it really needs to be cinched in at the waist).




Front
Back




       This beautiful fabric is another tropical print crinkle rayon I purchased from Fabricville last year:) I just adore tropical prints! I'm very much looking forward to wearing it this Summer:)




We had a few very warm days so I decided to make a quick t-shirt dress from this amazing "denim-look" rayon knit from my stash. Its a fairly stable knit. I used the scoop neckline from M6886 and added a neckband (ended up being 1/2" wide). I wore it yesterday to church for Mother's Day:)







    Well, thats it for today!:) I'm currently working on a faux leather jacket! Very exciting:) Its a blueish grey and meant to be a wearable muslin. I definitely don't want to ruin my gorgeous brown faux leather (same fabric as the tie belt on my Ogden Cami dress:) You can find me on IG @rikkisews, and see more progress photos.

Till next time, thanks so much for reading and happy sewing!:) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment