Wednesday 7 September 2016

Floral Vogue and a Mccalls Dud:p


"Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."

   Hebrews 13:1-3








 


    Hey y'all:) I hope everyone had a great summer! I'm a little sad to see it end but am looking forward to some Fall sewing and a bit cooler weather. Its been so humid here, ugh.


    I have a couple projects to show you today. One good, another, not so much! I haven't really shared many sewing fails. I usually only blog about the sewing projects I'm pleased with but I felt like I was setting some kind of record this summer with my string of them, lol!


 

Mccalls 6744



   


      *Sigh*, I wanted this pattern to work for me but it just...didn't! :( I wouldn't necessarily "not recommend it" (on PR), since there have been sooo many amazing versions. I chose the skirt from view B instead of the spliced skirt from view C. In hindsight, it probably would have been more flattering. I didn't really care for the fit of the top on me anyway though.
   

      I already cut up the dress, I'm determined to use this great fabric for something else!:)



      Now this latest version of my beloved Vogue 1314 is pretty darn flattering I think;) I also will be blogging about another version I made for a wedding this summer. It was strapless with a matching shrug, so it'll take a bit longer to write about. Stay tuned!:)

Baby Jon is almost 6 months:)








 
      I've made this pattern several times so I didn't change much. I trimmed about 1/4 inch from the neckline of the lining fabric to account for the "turn of cloth". I find it lies better after the neckband is sewn on.

 

     I've also been using regular 1/4 inch elastic instead of clear elastic for gathering the side seams. The instructions call for basting/gathering method but many on PR have recommended using elastic. When I was pregnant first time I noticed many maternity tops used regular elastic for gathering so I just started using that instead.
   Well, thats all for now. I will hopefully get to blog about my other version in the next couple days:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I recognize that floral fabric :) Love it, you look smashing.

    So sorry to hear that the green one didn't work out - you know I've had a string of those "sewing fails" as well. Good for you for repurposing the fabric so quickly! Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melwyk:) lol. After I read your post I thought it might be a good to include some "fails" as well. Its kinda nice knowing others have sewing duds too, lol. Btw, how do you get that box on your blog that shows other sewists you follow?

      Delete