Tuesday 27 September 2016

Fall Sewing, Renfew #1


"The Heavens declare the Glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world."

Psalm 19:1-6






      Hey all! Just finished my first sewing project of the Fall! I was hoping to have a pair of leggings to wear with this top, but the fabric I chose didn't have enough stretch so I could barely get them on, lol! Hopefully I'll have a pair soon! I have some leather-looking stretch fabric in my stash. The last fabric I used was a leather-look scuba knit, but not nearly enough stretch. It was more like a woven. Bah. I got leather on the brain, ha.






      The last Renfrew I made was a maternity version (I used a combination of the Renfrew and another pattern that was a maternity top). I disliked the seam in the cowl neck so I tried to cut out the pattern piece in such a way that I eliminated that seam. I folded the tissue as shown and just flipped over the pattern piece.
















      I cut a straight size 6, but should have graded to a 0 in the hips. Sewaholic patterns are designed for the "Pear-Shaped" woman, which I am not, lol. I probably could have cut an 8 in the shoulders:p Ah well, a 6 works.

















          I will definitely sew up this pattern again. Probably at least twice more this Fall/Winter. The fabric I used is a soft rayon/polyester knit. Its so cozy and warm. My only beef with it is it gets worn-looking a little more quickly than I'd like. I picked up a few different prints of this fabric last year, as it was in the previous years collection, then in the clearance section. Hard to resist those $2.99/m cuts!;) Til next time!




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We've done the matching fabric trick again ;) My Colette Moneta was made from this gorgeous soft cuddly fabric -- these colours look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie, lol! I'll have to check out your make, I love seeing what others make up in the same fabric!:)

      Delete
  2. Lovely top! I have made this pattern about three times and plan to make more for the fall! Love your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Yes, its a great wardrobe builder isn't it?:)

      Delete
  3. Great top Rikki! I have this pattern as well...yours is so cute that I think I'll dig mine out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version of the Renfrew! I just ordered this one because I have NEVER sewn it, lol! I look forward to trying one out sometime before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete