Wednesday 8 March 2017

DIY Cape


"After this, Jesus travelled about from one town and village to another proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The twelve were with Him, and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; Joanna the wife of Cuza, the manager of Herod's household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means."

  Luke 8:1-3








      Hey y'all!!! I'm very excited about my latest make!! This super-easy DIY Asymmetrical Cape is from a post Margo had on her blog. I liked her "Lumberjack Chic" version so much I got a fabric in a similar plaid. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all;) This is one of those truly "instant gratification" projects. Basically a rectangle of fabric, folded with a zipper on one side.




 

     I recently made this "carseat poncho"for my son using the same idea (minus the fringe & zipper). Since the fleece is stretchy, I just left an opening big enough for his head to poke through!:) Its very handy to get him to and from the car. I take it right off once he's buckled in though, otherwise he would get too hot. I love it & I use it all the time!:)

    




   Hmmm, I may make another with large button holes to pull a belt through and cinch it at the waist!
Exposed zipper & edges fringed:)





Well, thats all for today folks! Next blog post will be another McCalls 6886 t-shirt dress. Til next time!:)

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Rikki! I'm very flattered that you were inspired by my cape...thanks...blush.

    ReplyDelete