Monday 3 April 2017

Grannie-Chic, Floral Bomber Jacket:)


"Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God."

1 Peter 3:3-4 





     Finally done my second version of McCalls pattern 7100. I call this one my "Grannie-Chic" Bomber since its a quilted-knit fabric. My own Grannie, sewed most of her life (and made a ton of quilts!) and this jacket reminds me of her:) My last two blog posts I went into more detail on:

lining up the front print & adding & inserting a full jacket lining.

McCalls 7100 is unlined. I added a lining to this version and my first one. I learned lots while making both jackets, but I prefer how the lining is added in this floral version. 
Version #1





I used a beautiful mauve silky satin fabric I had in my stash.





   Well, that's all for this post. Mostly just modelling photos for this one:) Bye for now!

3 comments: