Tuesday 17 April 2018

Ogden Cami/M7606, Pin It Sew It 2018,

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."

Psalm 5:1-4   Lately I've been a bit obsessed with this song based on Psalm 5:) 







   Hello my lovely sewing friends!:) Its been about a month since I've blogged but I *have* been sewing consistently. My Rain Cape is pretty much done, just need to finish the belt, but I think I'll add buttonholes after baby comes, so that they're for at the right place at my waist, lol. Needless to say I missed the cut-off for my Facebook Sewing Groups March Challenge. Ah well.





    That Sewing Blab is having their second Annual "Pin It Sew It" Event (projects need to be completed and posted on Instagram by the end of April). I'd been interested in the Ogden Cami by True Bias and while I was still contemplating getting the pattern, I stumbled across an outfit by Margo (Creatinginthegap) on an Instagram search where she had combined an Ogden Cami with the McCalls 7606 ruffle skirt. Sold, lol. I was also inspired by Rosy Pena to make the ruffle wrap skirt in this gorgeous tropical print crinkle rayon (she blogs about it here and shows a trick to easily gather the miles of ruffle, lol). Basically, highest tension + longest stitch length= perfect gathers. I added an extra 20" of ruffle so it would be a bit more full (as per Mimi G:)








Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns

McCalls 7606
    I love, love, love how this outfit turned out!:) I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant so "Diana" will have to model it for now, lol. I'm so looking forward to wearing this come Summer!:)





    I generally don't sew for hire, but occasionally I do make gifts for family or friends. Last week the idea struck to make a cute little floral bomber jacket for a friends sweet little daughter. She's not even 2 yet, but already likes to pick out her own outfits, lol. I thought she might like a jacket like this, so I managed to sew it up in and give it to her on Sunday after church:) Kids like what they like, so I was happy she see she actually wanted to wear it:)



      I used the "Ollie Bomber Jacket Pattern" by Kelly at Sew A Little Seam. I purchased the pattern on her site but she does offer the size 2T for free:) I think I have the exact same quilted floral knit she used. I made myself a bomber jacket last year and still had some fabric left. If I have a daughter I'll probably make her one too <3. Isn't the 2T size adorable next to mine, lol?

     Although I've made two other Ollie bombers prior to this, I was having issues with the collar. I ended up looking at the instructions for Burda Bomber jacket pattern 6478, and they have you attach the collar *before* sewing on the zipper. It really does make a difference. I definitely prefer that method and will do it their way from now on:) I went the next size up with all the Ollie Bombers I made because I wanted them a little less fitted.




      Well, thats it for today! I hope you all have a great week:) xo

3 comments:

  1. Oh such wonderful makes!! How are you doing it, lol? I remember being so TIRED after 30 weeks. Amazing! Thanks for all the helpful tips. I LOVE the Ogden/Mccalls merge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vanessa!:) I was zonked during the first trimester, lol. Didn't get much sewing done then. I think now this is my idea of "nesting", ha. Once baby comes, sewing will take a backseat. Sleep will be a priority, lol. Thanks for reading and commenting:)

      Delete